Thursday, April 5, 2012

Amazing Animals by Design Has Been Released!

If you have been following me since the beginning, this is a great moment!  I invited you to follow my journey of getting a book published from the day I signed the contract, till the day it was released.  And here we are!

So is this the end?  Heavens, no!  Yes, I consider this journey a success, since my dream was to be a published author, and now that dream is a reality.  Now, however, we proceed to the next step.  A new author is generally considered a success if she sells 5,000 copies.  At this point, I have 130 down - 4,870 to go!  (That only includes what I have sold personally.  I will not know how many have been sold by the publisher or bookstores until I get a report next quarter.  Hopefully, that sales number is much higher!)

And then?  Well, I want to publish more books!!!

But wait, you say, I went down to my local bookstore and couldn't find your book on the shelf today!  Sadly, that may be true.  I am not rich and famous enough yet for every bookstore to scramble to buy my new book and put it on the "New Releases" shelf out front with Nicholas Sparks's latest.  I'm working on that!  The job right now is to do book-signings and other events around the area to try to get the word out, so that bookstores and readers will want to buy my book.  Ask your local bookstore to order some copies, or order your own copy directly from Tate Publishing here.  Meanwhile, I'll be doing my best to get the word out so that some day you can take pride in saying, "I was one of her first blog followers, way back when no one had ever heard of her!"

We're off to a good start.  Here are a few current and upcoming events:

The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew Reviews - posted online March 30-April 6, 2012.  More than half of these have been posted already.  Have fun visiting all the blogs!
Book signing at ATA Karate for Kids, New Bern, NC – April 14, 2012, 12-3 pm, 3515 Trent Rd Suite 1, New Bern, NC 28562
See Amazing Animals by Design at the Christian Military Fellowship booth, Michigan Christian Convention - Lansing, MI, April 20-21, with Mark Powell from Christian Military Fellowship (author will not be present)
Book signing at Port City Java, New Bern, NC - June 2, 2012, 1-3 pm, 323 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560
Guest appearance on Encouragement from the Heart, Blog Radio with Dana Adams - Date TBA
Continue to follow me in the journey of becoming a successful author!  What about you?  Have any of you decided to begin your own journey to becoming published?  Or any other "walk on water" dreams in which you took a step to get out of the boat?  Let me hear from you!
In the meantime, enjoy your time with friends, family, and your church this weekend and have a happy Resurrection Sunday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment